question

nfluester avatar image
nfluester asked

Dummies guide to Cerbo - NMEA - Raymarine

I have read several posts and the manual but I still can't make sense of how to get the Cerbo data to display on either my Raymarine I70 or Axiom display!

i have the app working through the Raynet cable which is nice but I also have the NMEA cable wired from Cerbo to the Seatalk NG network (NMEA2000).

I am looking to get tanks and battery data out.

I can see everything listed on the under the NMEA listings on the Axiom but can find them when i tr to add to a new page.

I have read several posts on here regarding changing Device instances on the Cerbo or having to telnet into the Cerbo and change the Data instances i find the manual rather ambiguous!

has anyone done it and can give me an idiots guide please?

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Kraymarine
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kabyak avatar image kabyak commented ·
I've built up a LifePo4 system with Victron components including a Cerbo GX which I want to link to my Raymarie Axiom MFD for display. I also have a Wakespeed WS500 regulator with Can Bus connected to the Cerbo via VE Can. The WS500 configuration manual shows how to wire a standard Cat5 cable by cutting off an end and connecting the Wht/Org to CAN_H (NMEA white) and Org to CAN_L (NMEA blue). I've done this and plugged into VE Can on the Cerbo and an open white spur port on a Seatalk NG strip near my Raymarine autopilot power unit.

With this configuration the Cerbo does not appear on the Axiom and I to lose AP comm as well. I've tried both VE Can ports on the Cerbo, with and without a terminator, I've set the VE Can port to 250kbps. In the Cerbo setup page, two ports are available but there is no physical mark on the device to show which port is which, nor do I find anything on this in the manual.

As I search through other related posts, I see descriptions of similar setups that have had success at least in getting data to the Axiom. Can anyone shed light on this?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

On the Axiom in the Settings of the Dashboard App choose for Add Page then pick a layout, give a name.

Then an empty page opens, choose for Edit (just tap on the empy page) and add the values you want to see.

for example choose Battery> Battery Voltage

This is Lighthouse 3.13 on Axiom Plus 12"

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nfluester avatar image nfluester commented ·

I will give it a try whats all the info about changing device or data ID'S is that not relevant for raymarine?

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image Peter Buijs - NL nfluester commented ·

I was a bit confused too but later on it made sense to me.

If there are more than 1 (for example) SmartShunt in the NMEA2000 network then you fiddle with the ID's. to make the 2nd device can be seen too.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey both, good question, and at the moment indeed rather minimally described in our documentation on Raymarine, Victrom and NMEA2000.

I did improve the text a little bit, using Peter his answer.

Please let me know if more needs adding. And also welcome to make the changes yourself.

2 |3000

nfluester avatar image
nfluester answered ·

so i was down at the boat at the weekend and tried what you said to create a new page and look for the devices but couldnt see anything in the list that related to the victron components

2 |3000

devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

I'm having real trouble getting tank data to appear on my Raymarine Axiom (latest software update). My config is CerboGX with Tank140 and I have BEP ultrasonic tank level monitors on ports 1 and 2 of the Tank140.

Raymarine support up to 5 tanks, and instance numbers need to be from 0 to 4. I cannot get the tank levels to show on the Axiom.

I can happily see the tank level data appear on the Axiom's diagnostic pages but they show with data instance numbers of 10 and 11. I edited the instances on the Cerbo to 0 and 1, however this makes no difference.

2 |3000

Related Resources