question

koda44 avatar image
koda44 asked

NMEA data input via Cerbo GX to VRM

Hello,

Cerbo can send NMEA data to Raymarine, but is it possible to display data from Raymarine NMEA2000 network on Cerbo GX and from there further to VRM? Eg. wind, gps or other data.

-Thomas

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Kraymarine
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Koda44,

that's not possible except for GPS data, which will appear on VRM in the Geofence widget on the Dashboard.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

koda44 avatar image
koda44 answered ·

Hi and thank you for your answer.

Maybe this could be a "suggestion for improvement" for future firmware updates.

1 comment
2 |3000

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·
If you want this then the capabilities exists, but not in VRM. Install the large image which has signalk and NodeRed. That builds flexibility for any amount of dashboard reporting you want, including influxdb and graffanna

While I agree building it into one system would be good. You need to remember that at some point you need to draw a line and for Victron that is about reporting power related information associated with their products

0 Likes 0 ·
centerisl avatar image
centerisl answered ·

I just added the N2K connection yesterday to my boat's bridged N2K-STNG network. My Cerbo screen does not have the "Devices" shown in the doc, but I do see multiple Victron devices on the network. I'll have to get to the bottom of that, but - without doing anything - my three NMEA 2000 tanks showed up on VRM. Two are fuel, the third is potable water - so I have to do some configuring - but tanks worked out of the box (so to speak).

1641223107954.png

I also have a FloatHub on my boat for trip recording - and they just announced a N2K version that supports Wind and Environmental data. I already have a Rose Point Nemo so I don't need that translation, but if the new unit can publish that N2K data I'll upgrade.

1641223107954.png (195.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources