question

thebest-21 avatar image
thebest-21 asked

Cerbo GX with Touch 50 does not work

Hello if have a new Setup with an Cebro GX and the Touch 50. I connected both with the USB/HDMI Cable but the Touch only lights up for less than a second and then it stays dark. In the VRM Device List, the Toch 50 is not listed.

cerbo gxgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

The Touch 50 isn't listed as a device in the Cerbo. It's basically a simple monitor with a mouse (the touchscreen).

You could try connecting the Touch to any other HDMI output. Such as a laptop with HDMI out? If that works, you'll know it's the Touch that is at fault. If that works, probably a faulty Cerbo

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thebest-21 avatar image thebest-21 commented ·

Hey tozz, thanks for your answer. I tried some ohter things. So at first i took an HDMI Cable and connected the Cerbo to my TV. And at that momenti got a Picture on the TV. Then i bought a 7 inch HDMI Touchscreen at the Internet. When i connect this to the Cerbo, it says "No signal". No i realy dont know what to do!

0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

HiThebest, it can be also that the brightness of the cerbo is 0 , so now way to see it. Connect to the cerbo / VRM and try adjusting the brightness / adaptive sensor light.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Cerbo_GX/GX_Device_Manual-en.pdf

Michel

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I don't think you can set the brightness to 0 so the display is completely black.

I will try this later today.

Edit: I just tested it and as I thought you cannot turn the display off by setting the brightness to 0. The display just becomes darker.

@Thebest_21 I think your display is defective and you should contact your dealer to get a replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·
thebest-21 avatar image thebest-21 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hey Mattias, thanks for your answer. I tried some ohter things. So at first i took an HDMI Cable and connected the Cerbo to my TV. And at that momenti got a Picture on the TV. Then i bought a 7 inch HDMI Touchscreen at the Internet. When i connect this to the Cerbo, it says "No signal". No i realy dont know what to do!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ thebest-21 commented ·

As I wrote above you should contact your dealer from whom you bought the Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50.
Maybe you have to send him back both devices for testing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources