question

joachima avatar image
joachima asked

Multiplus settings with V.E bus smart dongle

Hi,

When looking at Inverter/Charges (V.E Bus) under the Demo Library in the VictronConnect app it is shown that a number of settings can be changed. The tabs showing when hitting the cog is General, Grid, Inverter, Charger and Ac input control.

However when connecting to my Multiplus II via a V.E bus smart dongle the only setting that can be changed under the cog is the limit for for input current.

Is there a limitation in the smart dongle? If so how can I change other settings that just the input current limit on my Multiplus without connecting it to a computer?

thanks ,

Joachim

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The settings shown in the demo library are only available with a MK3-Interface.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/interface-mk3-usb

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joachima avatar image joachima commented ·

Thanks Matthias,

In my opinion it is then misleading to show this functionality in the IOS version of VictronConnect since it only is available when connecting to a computer/laptop with a MK3-Interface.

Is possible that more settings will be available in a future version of the IOS app?

Joachim

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

Are you planning to provide the missing settings via the smart dongle?

2 |3000

pontus avatar image
pontus answered ·

I agree it's misleading to show the full feature set in the iOS app. I even interpreted the Inverter/Charger (VE Bus) in the demo library device list as if one are connecting using the the smart dongle connected to the VE Bus.

Pulling out and plugging in a laptop isn't really the option I had in mind when docking my sailing boat in a marina where I need to change settings. I bought the Multiplus + smart dongle dongle in the belief I could access all settings from my phone.

Any way, when will you add the missing features?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic