question

nebulight avatar image
nebulight asked

VE.Bus Smart Dongle Relay and CD Ports?

It looks like the smart dongle has a relay, but I see no mention in the manual about it. I'd like to see about triggering the relay based on temp conditions. I also see there is a CD port, is that for Charge Disconnect? Are these feature sets going to be released in the future? If so, is there information you can provide? I'd like to use this to disconnect the charge through a battery protect when it's 5 degrees C.

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@nebulight The function of the relay is not available at this moment. It will become available in the futere.
best regards
Martijn Coster
Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

madmarc avatar image
madmarc answered ·

do you know when the relay will work? Need this information for deciding if I need another way for control a relay

regards Markus

2 |3000

xavier-64 avatar image
xavier-64 answered ·

Hello,
Some updates about the Realy feature with the Smart Dongle !
I a way it could help me to handle a MPPT from my installation preventing the use of other devices and BT !

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic