question

bigal67 avatar image
bigal67 asked

VictronConnect Demo Temp Compensation Display incorrect in Fahrenheit

I select Fahrenheit in the Display temperature unit field in the setup for VictronConnect v5.38.

Then, I select a solar controller, say a Smartsolar 100/20, and edit the battery settings, the Temperature Compensation field appears to be calculating the Fahrenheit value by multiplying the underlying Celsius value by 1.8, instead of dividing it by 1.8.

Hopefully this is just a display bug, and does not affect actual temperature compensation values when a real device is being used.

Thoughts?

VictronConnecttemperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi,

Yes this seems to be a problem when converting the displayed value form Celsius. It will be corrected in next VictronConnect version.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@jperez (Victron Energy Staff)

Respectfully, No!

F degrees are smaller than C degrees, so their compensation figure per degree should also be smaller.

I've seen this before answering a question, but I thought the asker had misconverted it himself..

0 Likes 0 ·
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image jperez (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi John,

You are right, I mixed up things when writing my original answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
bigal67 avatar image bigal67 jperez (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello jperez and JohnC,

So, I remain somewhat confused. Was I correct in my original posting or not? The values displayed for Fahrenheit in this particular field seem much higher than they should be.

BigAl67

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows