question

tanner102 avatar image
tanner102 asked

How can I display AC loads on Cerbo while solar is coming in?

I have a Quattro 10000 and Fronius Primo PV Inverter connected to my Cerbo GX.

When the Quattro is supplying AC from the batteries AC loads are shown but when there is solar power supplying the loads and charging the batteries no AC loads are displayed. I have to calculate the difference between the PV power and battery charging power.

Is there a device I can add to the Cerbo which will measure AC loads all the time?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tanner102 avatar image
tanner102 answered ·

I think I've finally found a solution. In my Cerbo menu the Fronius is listed as a device, clicking on the Fronius, a sub-menu opens and there is a setting called 'connection', mine is set to AC INPUT, the Fronius is connected to the AC OUTPUT (AC coupled). I have to wait for daytime to change this setting and see if it works...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tanner102 avatar image
tanner102 answered ·

It worked! It was NOT IN the menu I mentioned above.

I went to MENU>SETTINGS>PV INVERTERS>INVERTERS and changed 'AC-IN L1' to 'AC-OUT L1'. (The Cerbo doesn't use this information to control the Quattro or PV Inverter, so safe to change, the Cerbo is just gathering data and logging/displaying unless in DVCC mode I believe)

The Console and VRM now display AC Loads at all times, even while charging.

Note: These settings may not be changeable while there is no solar power because the PV Inverter is powered off.

Hope this helps somebody else.

2 |3000