question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Fronius Symo 6 integration with Victron

This question might seem a bit odd, but please cope with me for a moment.
I will have my Fronius Symo 6 inverter coupled at AC-out of a 3-phase Victron Quattro system. There will be a smart meter (EM24 ethernet) right at the Fronius to allow reading of its output.

My question:
How does Victron interface with Fronius here? Is there some need to talk to the Fronius inverter at all? If so? Why?

Why I am asking this?
In case I put a load between the Smart Meter and the Fronius, this might lead to an issue, if for example the Fronius, via modbus TCP, tells it delivers 4000W, but the smart meter reads only 2000W (because the other 2000W go to the load in between). Right? Wront? Weird?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Your Fronius should be able to communicate with the Victron system via ModBus TCP.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:fronius

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·
So there is no need for a smart meter (e.g. EM24) at all?

I have a Varta Element 6 which I also want to hook into the AC-out (current sensor will be at AC-in of the Quattros). I guess its better to "guard" that with a smart meter in case the inverter does not need it (which is good, I guess).

0 Likes 0 ·