question

knightscove avatar image
knightscove asked

Automating VictronConnect

I have a remote solar location with a MPPT 75/15 with BT dongle. This location has about 1 bar of cell service. My plan was to setup an old cell phone powered by the array and I would create a script via tasker or automate to use the VictronConnect apps built-in feature that emails a .csv file with performance data. I configured the phone script using Tasker and Autoinput. I first learned how to script by testing a few tasks (send sms, email, etc) with no problems. I spend hours trying to get Autoinput to work with VictronConnect. After many hours Googling what the problem was, I finally discovered that the app does not have any Andriod Accessibility. Kind of blown away that it was built without this in today's world. I contacted sales@victronenergy.com who is listed as the contact on the play store. They didn't think Accessibility was desired and offered little help.

Any suggestings on how I can get this data off the app? I searched the andriod file system without much luck. Ideas?

Thanks

Tom

VictronConnectBluetoothVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
swampbush avatar image
swampbush answered ·

You could use a remote control app like teamviewer to control the onsite phone remotely.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, I don’t think anyone on our side meant to say that Accessibility is not important.

Its more that we have a huge backlog of things we want to add to VictronConnect. So even if we think its important it will still take months or even years to get done.

To get what you want; and for low cost; look at running a raspberry-pi with the Venus OS software on it: we have tht available for free.

3 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, I did a quick google search: looks like at least the framework we’re using seems to support something related to accessibility; which already moves this from the ‘the might be totally impossible’ bucket into ‘can probably be done’

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-accessible.html

0 Likes 0 ·
knightscove avatar image knightscove mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Is the data in a directory in android? Maybe I can copy it and forward until the UI is updated? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ knightscove commented ·

Hi; sorry no its not.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide