question

bolandd avatar image
bolandd asked

VictronConnect App Loses Devices

I have a new system with 3 Battle Born batteries, a SmartSolar MPPT 150/60 solar charge controller, a Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger 2000W 12V and a Victron 712 Monitor.

I've been having some problems with the 712 monitor disappearing from the device list on the VictronConnect app. I've made it reappear by unplugging and replugging the monitor cable.

Now the Solar Controller has disappeared from the device list. Is there a way to reset it to make it appear again?

Any idea why the devices disappear.

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nightcrawler avatar image
nightcrawler answered ·

I've had devices disappear on occasion. My theory is that the app did a rescan when I was on the fringe of Bluetooth reception and it didn't add it back. My solution is usually to kill the app, move closer to get better reception, and reopen the app and rescan. Only once was I not able to get a device to come back using that process. That one time I had to unplug and replug it in.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bolandd avatar image bolandd commented ·

That's what I have done in the past and it usually works.

I just restarted my wife's phone and now the solar controller is back on the list. Seems she was hogging it!

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ bolandd commented ·

One at a time ;)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic