question

daveh-1 avatar image
daveh-1 asked

Victronconnect stuck at 20%

Hi, I have 2 x Victrom MPPTs, battery monitor, colour controller and 3kw charger inverter. I've had no problems using victronconnect to connect to either old the MPPTs until today even one of them (100/50) has stopped connecting at 20% every time. The other one (150/75) continues to work fine. I've tried 2 different android devices that both worked fine in the past and now the same issue on both. I've followed the trouble shooting steps to reset the Pin using the PUK and I get error:ff00

Both mppt are on firmware 1.46.

I've just seen there us an update to the victron connect app so applied this and still no luck

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Try to disconnect all wires(PV first) and reconnect it(battery first)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daveh-1 avatar image
daveh-1 answered ·

Thanks, that worked perfectly, was then able to access the MPPT. Had to reenter the pin and all worked well. Then as soon as that was sorted the same happened to the other mppt and when I sorted that, the same happened to the BMV712. It was like a cascade of the same issue each one fixed by pulling the power.

Is this some type of bug? Why did the Puk reset not work? Why did all systems seem to lose the pin code and stop being accessible one after another?

Thanks again!

2 |3000

daveh-1 avatar image
daveh-1 answered ·

Just realised, disconnecting the BMV had lost the charge %. Not sure how soon it will come back as we were currently struggling to get to 100%.

I have a primarily solar based system (5 x LG320W panels) feeding 8 x Exide Marine ER660 140ah on a sailing catamaran. There is also a 3kw charger inverter and whilst the inverter is used daily, we've only connected to shore power twice in the last year and would rather we never had to!

The mppt battery settings are on Rotary 2 with 14.4v absorption, 13.8v float, 16.2v equalisation with automatic equalization disabled. The BMV has charged voltage as 13.8v, tail current 1%, charged detection time 10m, peukert 1.25, charge efficiency 95%, current threshold 0.10A and time to go averaging period 3m. Do these settings make sense?

Given it's a solar system, should the charged voltage be increased?

In layman's terms, at the moment it feels like I generate loads of solar power but struggle to get batteries to 100% even with very low usage and great sun. I get closer to 90% relatively easily but then struggle to get past 95 or 96%. Earlier in the year ì would hit 100% daily by lunch time, now my consumption had gone down, sun angle has not changed, there are clouds impacting solar generation at times but not always, yet still can't get to 100% before the end of the day. Ideas appreciated!!

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi Dave. Never forget that SOC is a calculated figure, and you hold the power to determine how it's calculated. If (say) your batts have gone through a day of Abs and Float, and the actual 'tail' that the batt can accept is below x% and stable (A vs Ah total capacity), and you reckon they're 100% done, then set the parameters to have it sync to 100%.

To do that the 'Charged V' must be lower than the Float V, where it's targetting at that time. So if it sees a <1% tail while above that 'charged V', then it will sync to 100% SOC. The 1% might be too low, so you could alter that then if it is.

0 Likes 0 ·