question

Ken Hughes avatar image
Ken Hughes asked

What does the CerboGX add if I have Smart Dongle, Smart Shunt, Smart Solar MPPT and Multiplus?

Hello,

I'm trying to sort out if I should add a Cerbo GX. If I don't plan to use a GX touch in the system what would I be missing if have a VE.Bus Smart Dongle, a Smart Shunt 500A, a pair of Smart Solar MPPT and a Multiplus Inverter? I am accessing everything via Victron Connect over Bluetooth and use the MK3 for configuration which is disconnected once the system has been commissioned.

Would there be a better solution for monitoring these components? I'm not sure I would hook the system up to the internet for portal access except for remote support.

Thanks so much for any guidance on the best way forward.

--ken

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxMPPT SmartSolarVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Now it's like you have a herd of cats.

A Cerbo GX would change that into a pack of well trained dogs.

By adding a Cerbo GX, for instance you can enable DVCC and make all your components be aware about what the others are doing and function as an integrated system.

If you also connect it to the Internet, you will get some very useful monitoring tools, allowing you to fine tune your system much better.

You also get Remote Console access (over the local network or via VRM).

What battery do you have?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ken Hughes avatar image Ken Hughes commented ·

I have a 24V LFP battery with an internal BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·