question

bricki avatar image
bricki asked

Skylla IP65 controlled by CAN-Bus via Cerbo GX configuration problem

Hi Community,

I have two Skylla IP65 paralleled and connected to a Cerbo GX via VE.Can and one "other" BMS for a LiFePo4 battery, also connected via BMS.Can with 500kBit/s or via the same Ve.Can bus with 250 kBit/s. Works both.

The Cerbo GX shows all three devices. Also the Cerbo shows values from the BMS for Charge Voltage Limit (CVL), Charge Current Limit (CCL) and Discharge Current Limit (DCL). I can see all three values in my BMS configuration tool also. Thumbs up!

But:

Both Skylla IP65 don't react! I tried:

- Connecting only one Skylla
- Setting Parameter #31 BMS to "Yes" - which results in an error #67 "BMS communication lost"
- Switching DVCC on and playing with some parameters

No matter what I do - the Skylla chargers do what they want instead what the BMS wants...

Does anyone have a similar configuration up and running, especially with a Skylla charger?

Thanks

Peter

cerbo gxBMSSkyllaip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
smoothfroggy avatar image
smoothfroggy answered ·

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I don't have identical setup but only a Skylla IP65 connected via VE.Can to a BMS (REC-ABMS) with the whole supervised by a GX. Same issue with the Skylla which do not follow CVL & CCL issued by the BMS though GX show CVL, CCL and DCL provided by the BMS and Skylla report properly to the GX.

Did you had any luck on that one ?

Best regards,

Xavier.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Unfortunately the ip65 is not supported for DVCC:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html#UUID-137722ab-6d45-db8c-47f7-581403ef7d9a

you'll need to connect the 'allow to charge' output of BMS to the remote control input of the charger.

2 |3000

Related Resources