question

m1kkel avatar image
m1kkel asked

Off grid system - need guidance

Hi there.

Trying to size my system correctly with Victron products.

I am going to setup a 3 phase system using 3x multiplus II/3000/48V + 2x Smart Solar MPPT RS

I have a DIY 20 KWH battery with batrium BMS.

I will feed grid into the inverters.

- How will the multiplus act, if i pull more than 3000 watt from one phase? I see peak is 6000 watt, but there must be a limit for how long time it can deliver 6000w peak?

- What will happen if i install the system without a battery, for starters?

- Is it nessecary for the Victron to talk to my Batrium BMS - the unit should be able to measure the battery voltage by itself?

- Can i prioritize the system to deliver power from panels, before delivering from battery?

BMSoffgriddiy
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

This community is not the right place to ask for system designs.
You should ask your local Victron dealer and/or an experienced installer.

Victron Community Guidelines:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/5889/new-victron-community-guidelines.html

"Not really the place for System Design
Long, multifaceted issues involving system design, multiple run on questions with very specific installation and nuanced details are not really well suited for the structure of the community. It is best to have a single question with a clear title per post. More complex enquires are best be directed towards your distributor."

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Offgrid page