question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

12 volt wanted when lithium battery switched off

Can I get 12 volts via my multiplus compact when my battery is switched off but am still connected to shore power. This is so I can use the 12 volts on my RV without having to have the heating on to keep the battery warm, TIA

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMScharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Big Ste

Is your multi in pass through when your battery is off? Meaning 220V is available?

You can use a blue smart IP65 charger as a power supply, not sure how many amps your system uses but they can supply up to 25A depending on what model your purchase.

https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers/blue-smart-ip65-charger

how to use it as a power supply...

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Blue_Smart_IP65_Charger_manual/en/advanced-configuration.html#UUID-3cbe9344-2f18-5b47-a876-fab0d4789544

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zuzullo avatar image zuzullo commented ·

No, if I disconnect my battery from the Multiplus, it does not deliver 12v, as a power supply would do.

If you find a solution to this without buying extra devices, let me know :) I would like it as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ zuzullo commented ·

@zuzullo

Without an mppt or another device this is not really possible at least not in a safe way. The power has to come from something or somewhere.

There is a 12v trickle charger in the multi compact designed for a starter battery that may work. Not sure though as this is not it's intended use. If you open your multiplus there are some terminals labeled trickle charger. It only supplies 4amp and I don't know if it works when the other battery or the system is off.

screenshot-20210216-163138.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
big-ste avatar image
big-ste answered ·

Thanks everyone, guessing it’s just not possible.

2 |3000