question

Tim avatar image
Tim asked

24h MPPT data not syncing with VRM - why?

I have a small solar remote off grid setup with a Victron 75/15 MPPT. While sun is limited in winter I have a DC timer hooked up for disabling the load during most of the day. To track battery voltage and solar yield, I have Venus OS on a RPi installed. While the RPi also consumes load, it is not connected permanently (so it is placed after the timer). This is no option. It would drain the battery. Same for 4G router, and some small DC equipement. I noticed that when the setup is ‘on’ I can see stats on VRM but that seems to only show data from within the on-time frame. Via VictronConnect I can also connect to Venus OS and the MPPT and within the MPPT environment I can see all 24h data. Do you know why this is not synchronized with VRM?

Or is there an option to do so? Hope someone can help!

12 volt 20ah Lifepo4 battery - 60w panel - DC timer - VRM - RPi - Venus OS - 4G router

MPPT ControllersVRMVenus OSRaspberry Pidc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the VRM picks it data up directly from the VE direct data streams sent to the Venus device and the venus then sends this to the VRM. if data is missing then maybe a bigger sdcard is needed for the venus unit, or for some other reason

the data that you are looking at in Victrron connect when connected to the MPPT is data thats stored locally by that MPPT device.

to help some more I think a diagram of whats connected and how would be helpfull

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tim avatar image
Tim answered ·

Thanks for your answer Paul. I expect the sd card is not the issue. The MPPT and timer are permanently connected to the battery (and thus solar). The Venus is connected only for an hour a day (together with some other DC equipment). It seems on VRM only data is displayed from the hour the Venus has been online. The MPPT logs 24h data. I expected Venus/the MPPT to sync all data available once online but this seems not the case. Perhaps this is correct behavior? Or a setting?

2 |3000

Related Resources