question

shicks3 avatar image
shicks3 asked

Cerbo GX Turn off Wifi?

My Cerbo GX (v2.63) is connected via an Ethernet cable to the router (very stable now). Is there a way to turn off the WiFi on the Cerbo GX?

I've been looking in the menus and this forum, find references to the reset button, etc. but still confused if can turn it off.

Thank you

cerbo gxwifi
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gerhardvr avatar image gerhardvr commented ·

I also wish to have an answer to this question.

My Cerbo GX is not connected to wifi. I want to DISABLE wifi. I do not only want to disable the constantly flashing orage light - I want to disable the constant and NEEDLESS high-frequesncy shouting of my Cerbo GX unit. Why can't I? I insist on instructions on doing it - on the motherboard if necessary. Is there a jumper to set?

<moderated - please read our community guidelines. If you need support follow that process, do not demand staff access on a community forum>

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Settings -> WiFi -> "create access point"

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shicks3 avatar image shicks3 commented ·

Thanks but this turns on/off the ability to have an access point. It doesn't turn off the wifi.

2 Likes 2 ·
rslifkin avatar image rslifkin commented ·

From what I've seen on mine, this doesn't turn the wifi off, it just switches it from an access point to a client. I haven't seen a method in the menu to actually turn the wifi off completely.

1 Like 1 ·
yaute avatar image
yaute answered ·

This is a real pain as some of my customers do not want to see a WiFi network. Mr VE, please give us a work around to disable the WiFi and not only the access point!

2 comments
2 |3000

chberger avatar image chberger commented ·

push! I'd also really like to turn of WiFi completely, as my Cerbo GX is only connected via Ethernet

1 Like 1 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
The Cerbo GX access point is the WiFi network you see.
0 Likes 0 ·
jven avatar image
jven answered ·

+1 I have a Venus GX and although I still haven't used it much I think it has the same behavior. It can be a security/privacy issue, I don't want my mac address being recorded wherever I go with my vehicle!

2 |3000

Related Resources