question

sunodissey33 avatar image
sunodissey33 asked

Cerbo GX Bluetooth connectivity limits

Hi I’m planning to get Cerbo GX and a GX Touch 50. Installation will be on a Sailing boat.

I already have an MPPT Snartsolar 100/20. I am planning to get also a smart shunt and use it to monitor two different battery packs.

First question: I want to connect the MPPT and the shunt using their Bluetooth capabilities. Is there some limitation in terms of functionalities compared to the cable option?

Se con question: I mentioned that the smart shunt should monitor two battery packs (two batteries for “house load”, one to start engine). I would like also to have a temperature sensors. Is there any Victron products that can use Bluetooth to share the data with the Cerbo GX? Or would be better to get two shunts and use the port for the temperature sensor? In this case I would have more questions to understand if temperature info is shared to the Cerbo and how the two shunts are displayed.

Thanks a lot!

cerbo gxBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @SunOdissey33,

the Cerbo GX bluetooth connectivity is quite limited. For now you only can make a few network settings, thus you cannot connect your MPPT and SmartShunt via bluetooth to the Cerbo.

For this to work they require a Ve.direct cable connection.

You can have two shunts, but only one of them are shown on the graphical page. Both of them are shown in the device list with every detail.

There is no Victron bluetooth device (yet) that will share temperature info with the Cerbo.

Hope that helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.