question

georgeleonardo avatar image
georgeleonardo asked

Inverter/Charger Setup - Moving from VE.Bus BMS to Smart BMS 12/100

Hello! My current setup is using a VE.Bus BMS and my MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80 was configured to that. I remember I had to install an assistant for the VE.Bus BMS. I wonder what I'll need to do now. Should I uninstall the assistant? Do I need to do something at all? Thanks!

BMSPhoenix Invertermultiplus ve.busve.bus bms
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgeleonardo avatar image georgeleonardo commented ·
Still looking for this if anyone have any thoughts
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Without the VE.Bus BMS you have to delete the VE.Bus BMS assistant.
But you then have to use the "two-signal-BMS" assistant.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Smart_BMS_CL_12-100/en/appendix.html#UUID-98591649-4b54-ae3f-8f37-f2061c26b76c

6. MultiPlus 500VA – 1600VA & MultiPlus Compact 800VA – 2kVA

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgeleonardo answered ·

Oh that’s super helpful thanks so much!!

2 |3000

georgeleonardo answered ·

Hello! Any idea where I can find more details about the assistant settings? I’m not very sure what I should select. My inverter isn’t responding to the settings I currently have.

5b44681f-d030-44b3-84d5-508b896aa3c6.jpeg

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Do you have the BMS CL 12-100 to MultiPlus cable (article number ASS070200100)?

The compact Multi don't have a AUX 1 and AUX 2.

You have to connect that special cable to the remote contact like it is described in the link above (no assistant needed) or to the temperature sensor input (assistant needed - one signal for cell high and low)

0 Likes 0 ·
georgeleonardo avatar image georgeleonardo Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks for clarifying that! I've tried connecting it to the remote contact like in the manual and it didn't work. I also tried the temperature sensor but it didn't work either. I've tried moving the dip switches too as I saw you commenting in another post. And I also tried different assistants with different settings. I just get no response at all. So frustrating.

Before moving to the Smart BMS I had a VE.Bus BMS that got disconnected and my battery went low, I think my inverter had shut off because of that, any idea if that can be causing the issue? I can't find any way to reset it or anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ georgeleonardo commented ·

With the cable connected to the temperature input the assistant should look like this:

1624638306295.png

(you have to select the last option with one contact for low and high cell)

If you connect it to the remote connectors you don't need any assistant.

Try to reset all settings and the DIP switches to default.

0 Likes 0 ·
1624638306295.png (9.2 KiB)
georgeleonardo avatar image georgeleonardo Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Ok, will try that, thank you!! In any case, resetting the settings to default and removing all assistants should at least make the inverter turn on right? I don't get why it doesn't show any sign at all. No lights on whatsoever.
0 Likes 0 ·