question

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar asked

BYD BBox Pro 10 KWH not seen on VRM- system working normal

Hello,

I have a BYD pro 10 KWH with 3 Quattro 5 KW system. The system was working fine till it was switched off to remove the faulty Smart solar.

After restarting the system the BYD pro is not shown in Venus /VRM

@BYD_service Interestingly the run light on BMU is constantly on - also the 4 units of B-Plus have steady lights - The battery does not switch off and remains on till manually swicthed off

I still did the following to see if it will solve the problem but no improvement

1, changed the addressing of batteries instead of 1-234, made it 4-3-2-1

2. Removed and reseated all cables after cleaning with contact cleaner

3. replaced the BMU to CCGX cable (self-made) with another cable (self-made) It confirms to Type A pinout

4. updated CCGX to the latest release candidate

5. Switched off battery completely waited 10-15 minutes ( no lights on on BMU and B-Plus) and restarted the battery

6. The battery accepts the charge or discharge if I switch on the Quattros

7. In the coming days I will change to official TYPE A cabel to be sure

short of trying a different BMU or CCGX is there any other option i can try?

It will 1-2 weeks before I can get another BMU . Can I run the system using Allowed to charge and allowed to discharged contacts in normal mode after switching off ESS. Since my 250./20 Smart solar also requires repair /replacement the loads will be mainly supplied by grid or generator

VRMCCGX Color ControlBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

The battery has come back on the VRM after the system was shut down completely for 1 hour - battery started and then VRM power supply plugged in after 1 minute

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Good to hear it has resolved, thanks for reporting back.

0 Likes 0 ·