question

f00b4r avatar image
f00b4r asked

MultiPlus 12/3000/120-16 - Low Power on absorbtion/float

Hi,

i have a Multiplus 12/3000/120 setup inside my van. Everything works fine. The System is connected to shore. The Battery is fully charged.

Now i connected an electrical heater (2000W) to the system. The heater is the only thing connected.

Usually the Heater should consume around 2100W. Connected to the Multiplus it doesn't use more then 1700W and the heater isn't getting warm as usual. The Multiplus is in Absorption mode. If i disconnect my shore cable, the consumption is around 2300W and the heater is getting warmer and blows faster. The MultiPlus show inverting and the Battery gets empty (as expected ;) )

Any Ideas why the heater is getting less power on shore connection?

Max. shore Current Limit is set to 16A/230V. Charging the Battery (additionally to the heater) with 1200W works fine. All in all providing at least 3200W from shore is working fine. VRM shows 8A usage when heater is connected.

But the heater is working with less power.

Does someone has any good idea belonging to this strange behavior?

thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingshorepowerfloat
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

What is the input ac voltage under load?

What is the multiplus ac output voltage, disconnected from shore power and under load?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

as per klim8 suggestion

my guess would be that the shore power voltage is dropping to say 185 volts when the multiplus its connected as its then on DIRECT pass through thus you are only seeing the voltage thats supplied by the marinas shore power plug and the in and out volages are the same,

Then when you disconnect from shore power the inverter switchs on and the voltage raises to 230 volts.

If this is the case then the shore power has very bad voltage sag and you need to speak to the marina about this

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

f00b4r avatar image
f00b4r answered ·

your guess was correct.

i could check the voltage when i was back at this place an the Shore voltage is 203V@50Hz.

1611077901470.png

Sometimes solutions are that easy. Thanks a lot!!! @Paul B

Disconnecting from shore - 230V ....

2 |3000