question

greg-johnson avatar image
greg-johnson asked

Cerbo losing connection to LTE modem

I've got a cerbo (with 2.60 f/w) and the newer LTE modem but the cerbo seems to lose the connectivity with the modem itself every day or so. When I look at the console, the message in the GSM page is "No GSM modem connected".

A reboot of the cerbo always restores the connection, so this isn't an electrical issue (USB plug being disconnected etc).

There doesn't appear to be any firmware update available/necessary for the modem.

Is it possible (I have root access enabled on the cerbo) to look at more detailed logs to help determine what the problem is?

Is this a known bug in 2.60?

Thanks for any advice.

cerbo gx4g
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Are you referring to the new Victron GX 4G LTE modem, or are you using a 3rd-party modem?

Assuming the former, have you ensured that the modem's USB is connected to one of the two outer USB ports of the Cerbo (not the port closest to the HDMI connector)?

0 Likes 0 ·
brainodo avatar image brainodo commented ·

I am in the US and having the same issue with cerbo 2.60 and new Victron GX LTE. I may schedule a reboot every couple of days for now. Hopefully when the next Release will fix the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

I am EU based and had some issues with 2.60 and the new LTE/4G modem. My issue was fixed in 2.61~2 beta, which will be released at some stage. It was related to multiple PDP contexts and teh releases notes can be found here

I am not sure if it is related to your problem or not. I would raise this with the supplier so they can feed back through formal channels to Victron who are better placed to confirm.

Off course if you are happy running Beta code, you could always download it onto your device and test for yourself. We are up to beta release 7

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources