question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.62~2 available for testing

Good evening & day all!

After a bit of a pause following the v2.60 release, its time to start field testing a new version. The now included changes are mostly fixes.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

Changes (compared to v2.60)

• MPPT RS: Show data of both MPPT RS trackers in the GUI. Note that this is for now only when connected via VE.Direct, VE.Can is still in the works. Same for sending this data to VRM: also that is still in progress.
  • Inverter RS:
    • Add option to use the battery monitor in the Inverter RS.
    • Fix remotely firmware updating an Inverter RS when connected via VE.Direct (by increasing the baudrate and thereby avoiding a timeout).
    • Add reading out its battery temperature sensor.
    • Various other minor and hard to explain fixes.
    • Conclusion: everything should work well now, when connected through its VE.Direct communication port. If you see any issue still, please report. With regards to the VE.Can connection, that is still in progress I'm afraid.
  • Add VE.Bus high DC voltage & high DC current alarms (to the gui for readout, to the gui for notifications, as well as sending them to VRM).
  • Add status/control page for EV charging station (this is a future product, nothing to be expected soon - pls don't ask for details or delivery dates: its all too early, and asking us questions about it will only delay the final product since then we're answering things rather than working on it! :-) ).
  • Add Inverter RS temperature sender readout to the GUI.
  • Fix some issues with regards to setting the TCP/IP address manually.
  • Fix IP address type (DHCP vs Manual) showing "Unknown" when DHCP failed. Even when requesting an IP address had failed, it should still show thats its configured for DHCP, which it now does.
  • Fix Dutch translation (change 'gewoon' into 'aangepast')
  • Fix bug in the Grid alarm: it worked well when the AC input was configured to be "Grid", but not when configured to be "Shore power". Now it does.
  • GX GSM: Fix issues seen on Vodafone UK and EE UK (multiple PDP contexts)
  • Fix issue where limiting feed-in of excess AC-coupled PV did not work when the PV Inverter indicated an error condition.
  • Improve EM24 ethernet read-out stability and add support for EV Charger
  • VE.Bus: add more overload diagnostics logging
  • VE.Bus: fix very rare cause of VE.Bus error 14 & Error 17 when Cerbo GX is powered from unreliable power supply.
  • Modbus TCP: add registers for generator start/stop functionality
    • State: Stopped, Running or Error
    • FisherPanda remote error: No Error, remote disabled, remote error
    • No AC at inverter input alarm

Next steps for v2.62

I still have a few fixes on the list to include, so a v2.62~3 is expected shortly. Then we'll field test this for a while.

Have a good night and best regards,

Matthijs

ps. in case you wonder what happened to v2.61: thats a version used to fix something we needed in the manufacturing lines of GX products; and therefore not made public through the online updating system for GX Devices.

Venus OS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented Ā·

Canā€™t remote access BMV or mppt on my camper van through victron connect since the update. Keeps asking to update firmware to current version!.... constant cycling means unable to access these devices!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ Mark commented Ā·

My MPPT is doing the same.

Bug o'clock.

Also had an issue accessing other non-updated installs through VRM and connect. Kept getting DBUS errors, but that seems to have stopped.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi both, yes; Iā€˜m quite sure thats known and will be fixed in next RC! A few days max.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered Ā·

Have posted an issue separately, not sure if itā€™s related to this update.

Bmv firmware update loop

Edited: @mvader (Victron Energy) appears this is due to the RC.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hey @nickdb, also apologies for the late answer. Just to close the discussion: this was solved back then in November or December.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Stef avatar image
Stef answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

I'm glad to know the built-il MPPT appears on the graphic page on my GX Touch 50 and in the schema on the dashboard page on VRM !

But I still have the same problem with my inverter RS : both no production and no consumption (only on night because this info is provided by SmartShunt) both on graphic and advanced page on VRMā€¦

See screenshot :

capture-decran-2020-11-23-a-122840.png

Thank you for your answer !

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hey @Stef, thanks - and apologies for a very late answer. Be assured that we're working on this. There are several open ends wrt monitoring of the Inverter RS as well as the MPPT RS; and they'll all be taken care of and available by soon released firmware updates.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources