question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.62~7 available for testing

Good evening Africans & Europeans, and morning/night/afternoon to other time zones,

A new version available for field test, v2.62~7. Fixing two more issues as well as bringing a new feature for Remote VEConfigure.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

Changes in v2.62~6 and v2.62~7

• Fix Bluetooth issues: VictronConnect would get stuck in "Fetching data" on certain phones/under certain conditions. Make sure to also restart VictronConnect after updating Venus OS, see Google for how to do that, ie search for example for "restart app iphone" or "restart app android".
  • Fix Remote VEConfigure Error 61 on large systems. This error frequently occurred on systems with more than 6 Multis and a MK3 based GX device. The more Multi's the higher the probability of Error 61 occurring.
  • Add feature to Remote VEConfigure which allows replacing one Multi (or Quattro or VE.Bus inverter) in a VE.Bus system. Steps:
    1. Read the configuration of the whole system (or use an existing remote VEConfigure file)
    2. Replace the failed unit
    3. Write the configuration (at this step, the system will automatically detect that one previous device has gone missing, and that there is a new unknown serial instead, and will thus assume that one has been replaced and write the settings accordingly
    4. (optionally) Read the new configuration file and store in your records.

To see the other changes in the v2.62 version, read here.

Thats it for now, all the best and have a good weekend,

Matthijs

Venus OS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented Ā·

Hi

For the rapsi 3B+

Ver 2.62-7 the Bluetooth with USB dongle works automatically now, Ver 26.0 did not work unless you configured it manually.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Ingo avatar image Ingo Rob Duthie commented Ā·

@Rob Duthie were you able to connect to it with your phone? Just for kicks I plugged my BT 4.0 dongle in as well but when I try and connect the console shows value mismatch. I suppose this is probably step 1 to enable BT on the RPi. Hopefully more to follow.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie Ingo commented Ā·

Hi Ingo

Yes i did and my tablet also, just go into the raspi setting screen for Bluetooth and enabled it as a default it is enable anyway. make sure your dongle is Linux-Win type

as the win types don't work at all.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 Ā·
4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered Ā·

VRM is reporting N/A for grid and AC load. Not sure if its a VRM or beta issue.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Mppt readings on vrm are also getting stuck and not updating while it reads fine on remote console and the connect app.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Looks like a VRM issue, rolling back the GX didn't change anything. The DC bus seems to be stuck with long delays between dashboard updates, yet the AC side is fine.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ā™¦ nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

@nickdb your problem should be fixed now

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ Teun Lassche ā™¦ commented Ā·

@Teun Lassche (Victron Energy Staff)

It is! Thanks so much.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
chuff avatar image
chuff answered Ā·

Please add a confirmation delay in seconds for the digital input to avoid false alarm (typically false alarm generated by battery balancer when it power up)

2 comments
2 |3000

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented Ā·

Interesting you should mention this. I yesterday found out that every time my Balancer reaches the 'Balancing' voltage it activates the Alarm relay for a split second. My Venus Digital Input monitoring this keeps on increasing due to this - I have a balancer on a Garage Motor PSU. A user settable delay would surely work in my case as well. I had to disable the Alarm function to stop it from sending me emails while there is no real alarm active.

1608838533753.png

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1608838533753.png (4.9 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Ingo commented Ā·

hey both, just a short confirmation that I saw this. Noted. Might be a while until we work on this, if in the meantime someone else cares to make it, source code is here:
https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-digitalinputs

pull request welcome!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered Ā·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy),

yesterday I disconnected grid by intend. During that phase I received in total 6 messages from VRM that grid would have be re-connnected again, although physically it wasn't for sure.

Grid alarm changed from 'Grid lost' to 'Grid ok'

Of course after I received again a message about the dgrid loss again. Sometimes it took 1 minute after, but usually up to 14 minutes.

Grid alarm: Grid lost

Not sure if that issue is related to the beta. However I cannot remember that I would have received such messages before in equivalent situations.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @thomasw-1, thank you for the report. We'll look into this.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Thomas, solved in the latest beta. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
daniel avatar image
daniel answered Ā·

Hi !

I have problem with v2.62 firmware (v2.62-7 too). If I connect MPPT regulator to venus, venus not switch MPPT regulator to External control (if the MPPT regulator was not previously in external control mode). In v2.61 it works ok.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @Daniel thank you for the report, we'll look into this.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Solved in the latest beta, thank you for your help Daniel!

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources