question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

VRM Historical Data Battery kWh data reported amounts signficantly in error

Have an AC Coupled Solar PV system , running ESS - equipment Multiplus , BMV , Energy meter , Venus, solar PV AC inverter direct on the grid. Looking at the energy reported on the historical data section - energy From Battery is shown as 2.6 kWh and energy To Battery as 4.3 kWh over a 24 hr period . Now looking at the reported kWh discharge and kWh charged data from the BMV over the same period its Charged energy 3.56kWh and Discharged energy 3.41 kWh. One can pick any other period and a similar high error is presented . Any idea why ? Does the VRM use MP energy data or BMV data ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @merlepeter

Whatever this is, it's been there a long time, I thought it was just me..

I just grabbed a random day (17 Dec) from the bar charts (solar only charge). "Solar - to batt" 4.11kWh, "Consumption - from batt" 1.82 kWh.

Genuine 100% SOC reached daily over a few days there, no dc loads when batts aren't charging. The 4.11 might be right, but the 1.82 isn't. My batts aren't that bad..

I don't know how to check it against Smartshunt figures, so can't prove it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.