question

jimothyc avatar image
jimothyc asked

App Request / Suggestion

I've been using the VRM app on iOS and it's great but I was wondering if it would be possible to produce a more stripped down focused version that just displays the Remote Console from a Venus OS device. You should be able to configure it so it will always display a default remote console on first start rather than having to choose the installation then select remote console. This could then be used to create display panels using tablets or phones.

If you could add support for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto then it would open the possibility to display the remote console on in-vehicle displays which would be a fantastic level of integration for installers.

Cheers

Jim

Venus OSCCGX Color ControlVictronConnectVenus GX - VGXios app
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Good news ahead for you.

Victron has been working on the next generation of app and vehicle integration.

You can find out more by visiting us at METS for the big launch 🚀

Or there is Development work going on here:

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus-html5-app

There is also a bit of a sneak peak of what is possible on the blog.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

You can do a workaround in the meantime: If your router on site supports VPN connections, you can set up an VPN connection from Android/iOS and connect to the network. Then connect to the IP Adress of your Venus device via browser.

You can use a Fortinet Fortigate Firewall (for example) for this, there is a Wizard for Android/iOS IPSec VPN connections. Those can be set up very easy. Supporting the native VPN client in those OS.

I would also find it very helpful to use the remote SSH via VRM, as a future feature...

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

jimothyc avatar image
jimothyc answered ·

Cheers for the feedback. The node / html5 app looks very promising. I'll see if I can package it up to run as an Android app. I don't fancy spending £1k on an MFD.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page