Good day all
Just now we released v2.62~5 for field testing. Fixing various small issues.
This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.
- Cerbo GX only: Fix bug in Remote Console on LAN password handling. This bug was introduced in version v2.57. Note that change, unfortunately breaks passwords set on versions before v2.57. To reset the password, press and hold the reset button for a minimum of four seconds. This bug only refused login on Remote Console on LAN with the password enabled, not when logging in through Remote Console on VRM. Thank you [ @JetWire ].
- Cerbo GX only: increase buzzer volume. Thank you [@vince.farrar & @Robert Leonard].
- Various small changes related to the VRM Portal, see below.
- Various fixes to digital inputs handling on Venus GX and Cerbo GX, thank you [xx].:
- Digital inputs were called GPS-es on the VRM Device Overview, no longer (fixed by changing the productids of digital inputs & pulse meters)
- Fix missing Connection value in the gui.
- Reset sub-settings when the input type is changed, as still seeing the previous one can be confusing.
- Fix Remote Console on VRM & Remote Support tunnel not working when customers network included IPv4 over IPv6.
- Add registers for the multiple MPP Trackers of Inverter RS and MPPT RS.
- Add register for the VE.Bus Ignore AC Input state.
- Fix Remote Firmware update issue when having many (for example 20 or more) VE.Can device in the network by increasing the scan time from 2 to 4 seconds.
- Add logging of battery module status for managed batteries with multiple modules: nr of modules that are online, offline, or blocking charge or discharge, as also visible in the gui for a while already. Note that not all managed batteries support this feature and that the BYD implementation is currently being checked as it seems lime the field is not yet in line with actual mosfet status in the batteries.
- Add logging the status of the an ESS protection that temporarily disables Feedback when the AC input frequency variation is too high. This protection has been in the ESS Assistant for a long time, and version 0x017A or newer is needed to see its status.
- Reduce data consumption by no longer initiating a transmission when the state of a Solar charger changes, which happens often during sunrise and sunset.
- Add logging the Ignore AC Input status for VE.Bus systemss
For changes up to an including the previous version, v2.62~4, see here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/68860/venus-os-v2624-available-for-testing.html.
Lastly, in the ~4 thread there is a comment about a possible regression wrt internet or VRM connectivity. If anyone else is having the same issue, please comment. I expect that we'll look into that one next week.
All the best and have a good weekend,