question

vincefarrar avatar image
vincefarrar asked

cerbo gx internal audible alarm not working

cerbo gx internal audible alarm not working, there are alarms in the log file but the internal alarm has never gone off, is is set to on in general settings. The cerbo is v2.6, I can't use the relay on an external alarm as it's in use as a level controller. Any idea why the internal alarm does not work ?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Robert Leonard avatar image
Robert Leonard answered ·

I have never heard mine as well. Time to download the audio analyzer and make sure it’s not reporting at 8khz like the BMV used to.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thank you both for reporting, this will be improved in an upcoming Venus software update.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

@vince.farrar & @Robert Leonard,

There is an improvement to this in the Venus OS v2.62 beta~5. If you understand the implications of a beta you can test this improvement now, OR wait until a stable release.

Thank you both for reporting.

5 comments
2 |3000

Robert Leonard avatar image Robert Leonard commented ·

Great! I’ll check it out

0 Likes 0 ·
vincefarrar avatar image vincefarrar commented ·

Many thanks, Guy, but my real problem is with the temperature readouts on the console and dashboard. I am using probes on my main engine so desperately need to be able to monitor them on the console. They are find in Advanced but no good when we are out of internet range. I have asked the community.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ vincefarrar commented ·

Hi @vince.farrar@gmail.com

I think your confusing the VRM alarm settings with the Cerbo's alarm settings, if you properly configure your VRM alarm rules, you van have an email sent when it's active.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Leonard avatar image Robert Leonard commented ·

I heard the Cerbo alarm this morning under real world testing conditions! Let me know grid failed!

0 Likes 0 ·
vincefarrar avatar image vincefarrar commented ·

Now on 2.66, but NO change in the alarm volume, it's so low it's almost useless when the engine is running.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic