question

greg-johnson avatar image
greg-johnson asked

How to connect Cerbo GX from VictronConnect over bluetooth?

I have a SmartSolar MPPT and a SmartShunt, both of which work fine over bluetooth using VictronConnect on my phone (iOS). However, while my new CerboGX appears in the 'local' tab, when I select it the 'Fetching Data' wheel spins forever (well at last count for >5 minutes).

Am I missing something stupid?

cerbo gxVictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

We are looking into this issue.

I see in the service log that the your Cerbo is running firmware v2.56, please update it to v2.60 and let us know if connection works after updating.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_updating#direct_download_from_the_internet

Also, try to force close VictronConnect, start it and try connect to the Cerbo again.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greg-johnson avatar image greg-johnson commented ·

Thanks @jperez (Victron Energy Staff) - the f/w update made the difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
greg-johnson avatar image
greg-johnson answered ·

I can confirm that the VictronConnect app on iOS was ABLE to connect over Bluetooth to my Cerbo GX after I updated the f/w on the cerbo (using WiFi connection) to 2.60

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

It works on my android phone with no problems maybe reboot phone and try again. I tried on my phone as well and it did not connect. I then cleared all the apps running and it worked fine the second time. thats for my phone anyway.

Sorry I cant give you a better solution

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Could you please create a VictronConnect service report?

2 comments
2 |3000

Here it is. I have been able to use the Cerbo settings to permit it to be visible on my WiFi network, and VictronConnect works correctly via WiFi, but still not on Bluetooth.VictronConnect_report.log

0 Likes 0 ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)I attached the logs in case there is something you can see in them that is helpful. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·