question

xav avatar image
xav asked

Can't connect Cerbo GX with bluetooth

I see the Cerbo gx in my devices but I can't connect to bluetooth: pin incorrect.

I tried the new pin I had created, nothing.

Same with the default 000000, I even tried the BT pin that is on the device itself.

I did the whole "forget" from the device list on the Victron Connect app, on my phone and computer.

I did the "forget device" from the phone/tablet and computer BT device list

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thx!

cerbo gxVictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@xav

Reset with the PUK. Start again? The BT connection is not used for much except connecting to a WiFi access point or enabling and disabling the internal access point.

I personally would just connect to the Cerbo WiFi and use that to connect it to the WiFi. Scanning the QR code.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xav avatar image xav commented ·

I did and once my computer is on the Cerbo network I don't know what is supposed to happen, what to open

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ xav commented ·

@xav

Use in your browser IP address http://172.24.24.1 or http://venus.local

For this to work it must be connected to the Cerbo WiFi

0 Likes 0 ·
xav avatar image
xav answered ·

I am actually confused: I always see my Cerbo in the Local tab, as one of my devices. It's only when I tap it that I am asked about the pin.

I am just tapping because I am exploring the app/functions. I don't even know what I am supposed to get once I tap/enter the Cerbo GX.

I know I can enter the MPPT so I think there might be something to explore inside the Cerbo...

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The remote console is the only way to explore the GX. It is not like the MPPT in that regard.

0 Likes 0 ·