question

powerlust avatar image
powerlust asked

MK2 Interface and Venus sharing VE Bus on MultiPlus Compact Inverter

Hi

I have an existing application which 'talks' to a Multiplus Compact inverter through an MK2 interface. I now wish to connect up Pylontech batteries UP2500. This requires connection of a Venus GX to the same VE Bus that hte MK2 currently uses.

I noticed from the documentation that the VE Bus is an RS485 bus capable of daisy chaining. Also, the devices on the VE Bus are addressable. Is it possible to connect both the MK2 and the Venus GX to the VE Bus of the Multiplus Compact at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Venus GX - VGXVE.Busmultiple invertersMK3rs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

as far as I know yes just move the MK2 to the other VE bus port on the venus device, or the other VE Bus port on the Multiplus as each have two ports

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

powerlust avatar image powerlust commented ·

Hi Paul

Thank you kindly for the prompt response. I now have this up and running but the Inverter stays in charging mode. Should the device connected through the MK2 still be able to control the inverter?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is VE.Bus?

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page