question

ben-battery avatar image
ben-battery asked

What is the max Amps I can charge my 300Ah LifePo4 bank and can I use 2+ chargers?

I have a bank of 3 x 100Ah Victron Lifepo4's all connected with a shunt, a BMS, bmv 712 and a battery protect 12/65 for charge protect. Atm I have the victron 10A and 30A chargers connected via the BP12\65 in parallel to (hopefully) get 40A of charge.

I am looking at swapping the 2 chargers for the new Phoenix 50A charger but was wondering what the max Amps was that I can charge my back with and if there was any risk in leaving the 10A charger connected to give 60A?

Does 2 chargers mess with the Bulk, Abs, Float cycle? I presume not as most of us have solar with MPPT too which is similar?

Lithium BatteryPhoenix Invertercharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The datasheet says that you can charge the 100Ah battery with max. 200A (150A recommended).
So you can charge you batteries with up to 600A (450A recommended).

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-12,8-&-25,6-Volt-lithium-iron-phosphate-batteries-Smart-EN.pdf

There should be not problem with using the chargers in parallel.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page