question

Phill Piddell avatar image
Phill Piddell asked

Lithium HE battery 24V 200Ah and Phoenix inverter

I have an old Victron Phoenix 24v 3000w Inverter, with an old "generic" solar charge controller.

My old batteries have finally given up.

I want to replace them with something with a good lifespan and was thinking about the Lithium HE battery 24V 200Ah 5kWh

I THINK I need some fancy battery monitor in addition to the battery. Is there something specific I need to check on the old charge controller? (From Memory it had options for sealed, flood, and gel. Lithium didn't really exist when I bought it). If no good what would be a good controller (around 500w of Solar)

Thanks in advance

Phill

Lithium BatteryPhoenix Inverterbatterycharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Phill Piddell

Please note the HE batteries are no longer sold by Victron, but they are still supported.

Also note that you need quite an expensive BMS with them:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Lithium-ion-HE-Battery-and-Lynx-Ion-BMS-EN.pdf

Please make sure you are informed well by your dealer.

I'd look at the smart batteries first for a 24V system:

https://www.victronenergy.com/batteries/lithium-battery-12-8v

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Phill Piddell avatar image
Phill Piddell answered ·

Thank you Daniel, my dealer was not super clear on this so your advice is very welcome. thank you

I will return to the dealer armed with more information :-)

Phill

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?