question

Phill Piddell avatar image

Lithium HE battery 24V 200Ah and Phoenix inverter

I have an old Victron Phoenix 24v 3000w Inverter, with an old "generic" solar charge controller.

My old batteries have finally given up.

I want to replace them with something with a good lifespan and was thinking about the Lithium HE battery 24V 200Ah 5kWh

I THINK I need some fancy battery monitor in addition to the battery. Is there something specific I need to check on the old charge controller? (From Memory it had options for sealed, flood, and gel. Lithium didn't really exist when I bought it). If no good what would be a good controller (around 500w of Solar)

Thanks in advance

Phill

Lithium BatteryPhoenix Inverterbatterycharge controller compatibility
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Phill Piddell

Please note the HE batteries are no longer sold by Victron, but they are still supported.

Also note that you need quite an expensive BMS with them:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Lithium-ion-HE-Battery-and-Lynx-Ion-BMS-EN.pdf

Please make sure you are informed well by your dealer.

I'd look at the smart batteries first for a 24V system:

https://www.victronenergy.com/batteries/lithium-battery-12-8v

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Phill Piddell avatar image
Phill Piddell answered ·

Thank you Daniel, my dealer was not super clear on this so your advice is very welcome. thank you

I will return to the dealer armed with more information :-)

Phill