question

ajaja avatar image
ajaja asked

Orion-Tr DC-DC Converter Settings

I just got my Orion-Tr DC-DC Converter Isolated 12/24 V 15A charger, and what to configure setting for my environment.

I have limited understanding so my questions may be lacking. I will elaborate when needed. Also will appreciate advice and direction to concepts I missed here.

I have multiple 24V batteries in parallel all connected to busbars. Do I run the Output wires to the busbars?

I know my battery's voltage range is 21V – 29.4V. What do I set Bulk and Float to?

My alternator has a fixed voltage of 14.2V.

Absorption Voltage: 29.2?

Float Voltage: 27.6?

Caveat, I plan on limiting my driving to less that six hours a day when I do drive.

What are the Bulk time limit and Re-bulk Voltage Offset?

Oh - and Adaptive Absorption?

Lock-out I assume has to do with chassis batteries. I never want them to drop below 11V. Is it here that I input that setting? (12.3 - 12.9)

Engine shutdown detection, do I set this something like 12v - 13.8v?

Thank you.

Battery:

Voltage: 24V

Voltage Range: 21V – 29.4V

Capacity: 95Ah (2.3kWh)

Power (Amp): 100A Continuous, 200A Peak

Configuration: 7S 20P

Alternator:

Prestolite A0014949PA

Output 270 amp

Fixed Voltage 14.2V

battery chargingLithium BatteryOrion DC-DC Converters not smartalternatorfloat
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marvs avatar image
marvs answered ·

Yes, you should connect the charger output to the busbar thru a circuit breaker or fuse.

You need to program all of your charging parameters based on the battery manufacturers recommendations/direction.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Victron DC-DC converters product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic