question

jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello asked

How can I use all three of these ways to monitor and control my MultiPlus 3000?

I have a MultiPlus 3000W inverter changer. Connected to this I have a Cerbo GX for Internet monitoring and a Digital Multi Control 200/200A.

Before I installed my new Cerbo GX (which I love) I had a Victron Energy VE.Bus Smart Dongle (Bluetooth) connected which allowed me to monitor the MultiPlus via the VoctonrConnect app which I really loved. I had to give that up when I installed the CerboGx as there are only two RJ45 ports on the MultPlus. Unfortunately, the MultiPlus doesn't include a VE.Direct port (ughh) which would have solved this problem. Even better, would have been if the MultiPlus had BlueTooth builtin!

So my question is: How can I wire things up so that I can continue to use my phone to monitor the MultiPlus via the Victron Energy VE.Bus Smart Dongle (Bluetooth) while still having it connected to my Cerbo GX and Digital Multi Control (I don't want to give that up either)?

I did try to split the CAT5 cable using this GizmoVine Ethernet Splitter but it didn't work.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart DongleDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can use Cerbo + DMC or Cerbo + Smart Dongle, not all three together.

As soon as a GX device is connected the Smart Dongle goes into the "background mode" and can't show all informations anymore, this is a limitation of the VE.Bus protocol:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vebus_smart_dongle_manual#modes_of_operation

But you can access all the stats of the Mulit through the Cerbo.
Connect the Cerbo to your local network and you can connect to the console of the Cebo.
https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/staging/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonmarinello answered ·

Hi Matthias,

I enabled 2-way communication and that's a nice feature for my VE.Direct devices which allows me to access them remotely through the VictronConnect app.

But I'm still not able to access all the stats on my MultiPlus. Looking at the link you mentioned above, are you referring to the section "7. VE.Bus Inverter/charger monitoring"?

Thanks,

jon

2 |3000

jonmarinello answered ·

Can someone from Victron please chime in here?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @jonmarinello@gmail.com

Matthias Lange already answered you.

if you want to see the Multi's stats, go to 'devices, multi' in the remote console (or on the touchscreen if you have one)

0 Likes 0 ·
jonmarinello avatar image jonmarinello Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Daniël,

Well, that's a bummer.

I really like the convenience of Bluetooth and the user interface of the Victron Energy VE.Bus Smart Dongle (Bluetooth) in the VictronConnect app.

:(

Thanks,

jon

0 Likes 0 ·