question

engineering-centre avatar image
engineering-centre asked

How do i control Inverter via VE.Can connected BMS?

I'm using the Victron CCGX, v 2.23 to interface a BMS and the Victron Energy Multiplus 48V 5000VA 70 Amp inverter/charge. I send the CCGX the charge/discharge and voltage limits, as well as the other battery parameters. I expected that when the charge current i send to the victron CCGX exceeds the limit i set, the inverter/charger should switch off but this is not the case, nothing happens.

I tried turning on DVCC as directed by the manual, turning the victron CCGX to an active controller, but it still didnt work. I then noticed that there is a parameter called "BMS control", which is off and i tried turning it on but it doesn't want to turn on.

Please what am i doing wrong, how should i configure the victron CCGX to allow the BMS sent values to take control of the inverter/charger

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMSCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Engineering_Centre,

It is not clear from your question which BMS you are talking about?

If it is not one of the supported batteries on this list.

I would suggest asking this question in the modifications space (for customisations and 3rd partys).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

engineering-centre avatar image engineering-centre commented ·

Hi Guy

Thanks for your response... It is not supported because it is a custom made BMS which utilizes CANBUS. I'll re-post the question in the modifications space.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·