question

James MacMaster avatar image
James MacMaster asked

Remote firmware update of MPPT 100/20 via Raspberry PI CCGX

Hi everyone.

I have a Smart Solar MPPT 100/20 charger connected via VE direct to a Raspberry PI based CCGX.

I would like to remotely update the MPPT firmware via the CCGX. The CCGX is powered via the output of the MPPT I plan to update.

My question is, will the MPPT update complete before there is any disturbance to the load output? Which would impact the updating.

Or do I need to have the CCGX on a power source that is not driven by the output of the MPPT it is updating?

It is at a remote site and I was hoping to avoid going there to complete the update.

The MPPT is on currently on v1.53. Every night just as the last bit of solar voltage drops off the panel, the load output very briefly turns off and back on. I think this is a bug now fixed in v1.54 which was just released.

Thank you

James

MPPT SmartSolarfirmware updateRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

According to the developers, the load output will (unfortunately for you) turn off during a firmware update.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

James MacMaster avatar image James MacMaster commented ·

Thiemo

Thank you for letting me know. I suspected that was the case after watching the charger behavior during a previous update via bluetooth. But I didn't have another unit I could test with.

I will change the power supply configuration for the PI hardware on the next site visit and move it away from the charger load output. Then I have options in the future.

Regards

James

0 Likes 0 ·