question

mdr avatar image
mdr asked

Equivalent of mpptdump.exe for linux

Hi,

my goal is to update the firmware of a MPPT (75/15 smartsolar) connected to a raspberry pi4.

I managed to do it using a serial port redirection to a windows computer with mpptdump.exe but I will really like to do it directly from the raspberrypi.

I found this documentation about the venus OS that allow to do it with the dup tool. But I am unable to make it work on my raspberry.

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/commandline---operational

dup -s /dev/ttyO2 -f filename.dup

I copied the /usr/bin/dub from the latest venus image for rpi4 but it's not enough to make it work, I guess I am missing librairies and dependencies?

Any clues?

Best Regards,

Martin

MPPT SmartSolarVenus OSRaspberry Pi
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@mdr

Moving to modifications space, all the RPi stuff goes there.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
d-ferdi avatar image
d-ferdi answered ·

root.txt

hello,

extract/copy the hole venus-os-image to a dir at the raspi and use chroot dir to get full access to all programs in the venus-os.

but i don't know, if all programms which use debus work if you don't use dbus in chroot.

it can be important to mount --bin /dev /dev/shm /sys /proc to the dirs in chroot before you start chroot.

i insert my script for starting root-environments.

goodby

root.txt (1.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mdr avatar image
mdr answered ·

thank you d-ferdi for your answer,

I finally found an easier solution that allow me to run a 32 bit executable on a 64bit debian:

dpkg --add-architecture armhf # ignore the warning! 
apt-get update 
sudo apt-get install libc6:armhf libstdc++6:armhf libpthread-stubs0-dev:armhf 

get the /usr/bin/dup from raspbery4 venus image

http://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/raspberrypi4/

and copy it to /usr/bin on your raspberry and make it executable:

chmod +x /usr/bin/dup

and finaly:

dup -s /dev/ttyO2 -f filename.dup

It work like a charm but it doesnt update the bluetooth firmware.

2 |3000