question

jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello asked

How do I get VRM login working on my 12' iPad within the VictronConnect app?

Works fine on my iPhone and iPad mini. But not on my 12" and 9.5" iPads. How can I get this to work? When I click the SIGN IN TO VRM button in the VRM tab in the app, nothing happens.

I'm on the lasted app version. I can log in via the VRM web portal without any problems. So my account is fine.

VRMVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

At the moment there is a problem with VictronConnect under iOS 14 when the default browser is not set to Safari. When this is the case on your iPads, you can make Safari temporarily the default browser, sign in to vrm, and then change the default browser back to what it previously was.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonmarinello avatar image
jonmarinello answered ·

Thanks, Thiemo.

I thought that non-safari browser interaction was the culprit. That did the trick for signing in.

But the probe still occurs for launching the portal. It's an easy fix so hopefully, that will get addressed really soon.

A nice enhancement in this area would be to launch the VRM app instead of the browser for portal access if it is installed. If it isn't installed then just launch the default browser. If you agree can you pass that on to the product management/engineering team?

Best,

jon

2 |3000