question

sovere1gn avatar image
sovere1gn asked

Pylontech/Kodak Force-L1 Battery compatibility

Based on the Victron battery compatibility page, the Pylontech Force-L1 battery has been tested and is compatible with the MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50.

I'm from South Africa and here we don't get the Pylontech variant of the Force-L1 but rather a KODAK re-branded Force-L1 battery. They are virtually identical in spec and appearance. The KODAK is just a different color but I'm not sure if the MultiPlus will recognize it as a Pylontech battery or if the KODAK runs a different firmware on the BMS.

Does anyone have experience / knowledge on whether the KODAK branded Force-L1 will be compatible with the MultiPlus?

Multiplus-IILithium Batterycharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
anacrhy2007 avatar image
anacrhy2007 answered ·

Hi sovere1gn, did you ever get this working? I have an issue with a Kodak Force L1 and Cerbo GX. The moment the Victron Type A comms cable is plugged in the BMS LEDs turn red and the BMS shuts down. I have physically lost 2x BMS like this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic