question

Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich asked

How to remove Tanks from advanced tab

On my VRM advanced tab there are tanks showing but i have all tanks disabled in my Cerbo GX. How could i remove them?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

in the venus unit goto settings then down to devices and turn off the tanks etc, then do a redetect and they should be gone, you may have to delete them in the VRM devices as well

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ulrich avatar image Ulrich commented ·

Thanks for your answer. The tanks are turned off. They are not in the device list. They are only under Advanced/Widgets.

I can't find how to redetect?

0 Likes 0 ·

For now, if there was ever any data (even it's on/off existence data for Tanks) it will remain in the widget list.

You can turn it off from displaying an empty data box in the normal Advanced display screen, so should only be an occasional minor eyesore when adjusting visible widgets :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image Ulrich Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I understand. The tanks were activated on delivery. So it comes to the representation, which of course is not a real problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy Albrecht avatar image
Jeremy Albrecht answered ·

Any updates on this? I know it's not a functional problem, only cosmetic, but it still seems to be an issue.

2 comments
2 |3000

I'll mention it on my next call with the VRM team, but it's a very low priority, so might not get any attention for a while.

I understand it can get pretty cluttered in there, but adding the possibility to remove data means people who accidentally delete it and then want it back, so the feature needs more than minimal effort.

1 Like 1 ·
Jeremy Albrecht avatar image Jeremy Albrecht Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Guy.

I figured since data rolls out of VRM after 6 months then it should be possible to delete a device that no longer has data available. That should prevent any chance of data loss. Or you could even just hide the devices with no available data from that view. No actual deletion required.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic