question

bobcat avatar image
bobcat asked

How can I get skylla charger AC input data in GX screen?

I have two Phoenix Inverter Compacts 24/2000 in parallel and a separate Skylla-i charger. My remote console display from Venus GX shows outputs from these properly, but does not show the AC input to the Skylla-i. My actual shorepower connection feeds only the charger, so the current feeding it is what I seek to show. It just shows " - -". The Skylla-i has a feature to limit the AC input current so this suggests the current data must be available.

Is there a configuration error on my part? Is it a bug that it is missing? If all is well but it is missing, I would request that this feature be added.

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bobcat avatar image bobcat commented ·

Anyone have a clue about this?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @bobcat

I've changed your topic title and message to make it more clear you'r talking about the remote console of the GX device, and not about the VRM 'advanced' tab.

As your Multiplus devices are normally the input source also, the charger input current does not go to this screen.

so it is not a configuration error.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bobcat avatar image bobcat commented ·

Thank you for clarifying my issue. I was referring to the VRM remote console which is the same data presentation as the local one.

While the Phoenix Inverter may be like a Multiplus without charging, it is not a Multiplus and has no AC input. Only the Skylla charger has an AC input. I wish to monitor the AC amps feeding the charger and the DC amps coming out of the charger to either the batteries or direct to DC loads. Perhaps a better questions is how can I access performance data of any kind from the Skylla-i charger?

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman bobcat commented ·

Did you resolve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @bobcat

The AC input Current and Power is now available as a widget in VRM under the 'advanced' tab.

2 |3000

Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

Hello, thank you.

In the VRM I see my Skylla i and all numbers.

(AC in, amps in, DC out,....)

How I get this on my Touch 70 instead of DC Power or a Multiplus device?

I had bad experience with my other Multiplus for my application in the past.

That's the reason i have two separate devices now.

A Skylla i Charger and a Phoenix 24/5000 Inverter.

Best regards Robert

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic