question

jibap avatar image
jibap asked

Why global consumption graph doesn't count multiplus consumption ?

Hi !

I installed from a few days a raspberryPI with venus OS to monitor my PV installation (MultiPlus 48/3000/35-16, BMV-700, BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/60, 15x185wc solar panels).

Everything works well, but i saw in first dashboard that the global consumption graph do not count the multiplus self-consumption.

In this one, we can see for night hours (from 23:00 to 07:00), 5 occurences of 0.02kWh, a total of 100Wh :

The System - AC Consumption graph confirm this information, showing 11W from 22:35 to 08:35, a total of 110Wh...

But the System - Battery Power graph show at the same hours, a consuption of 35W, our previous 10W plus 25W multiplus self-consumption (however AES is activated...should be 20W).

For me, to get a good analyse of consumption, the global graphs in first dashboard should count consumption based on Battery Power consumption (or at least count inverter self-consumption), no ?

Of course, this consideration is when the consumption is hight, and when the sun is hidden for few days... when every Wh is precious !

The global dashboard is the better view to know the ratio production/consumption and export in excel allows to calculate averages (by seasons for exemple), but if the multiplus consumption is not count, it's all wrong... (500Wh per day !)

And what about SOC % ? it is the same ? no counting multiplus consumption ? in my installation, it represents 2.5% (428Ah in 48V)...

Thanks for reading me

P.S: i'm french, sorry for my english ;-)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRM
1.png (9.0 KiB)
2.png (15.2 KiB)
3.png (13.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi @jibap,

Multiplus self consumption is DC.

You have to enable "has DC system" in settings --> system setup --> has DC system.

Regards,

Markus

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oxy avatar image oxy commented ·

On my side inverter's consumption is calculated even with "Has DC system" disabled and, more importantly, only with this setting disabled it shows it correctly.

As soon as I enable "Has DC system", inverter's shown consumption is reduced by the amount that the "DC system" is charging the system (I have one older non-Victron solar charger), which is just wrong and in my case lead to twice as low consumption history.

0 Likes 0 ·
jibap avatar image
jibap answered ·

Hi @Markus,

Thank you for answer, so i activated "has DC system", i will watch for another night consumption ! (in graphs... of course ;-))

About SOC ? this option will also affect it ?

Regards,

Jibap

4 comments
2 |3000

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

No effect on SOC. Your BMV measures DC current and therefore self consumption is indeed included in SOC calculation.

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
jibap avatar image jibap markus ♦♦ commented ·

OK, Thank you for confirming,

Since I am on the "inconsistencies" of VRM dashboard, why Global Graph do not display the same Yield than Solar Charger Summary ?

1.23kWh

1.17 kWh

Thank you for reply.

Jibap

0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (9.8 KiB)
2.png (18.2 KiB)
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ jibap commented ·

good question. I have 2 solar chargers in my case. Daily yield is off, same as it is in your case. When I add the yield of the 2 chargers (today and yesterday) it is the same as when I add PV yield (yesterday and today) in the graph though. So maybe there is a difference in when a new day has begun between those 2 yields?

0 Likes 0 ·
jibap avatar image jibap markus ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, it is also what i thought, "difference in when a new day has begun"... Maybe a Victron expert can answer ...?

0 Likes 0 ·
jibap avatar image
jibap answered ·

Hi,

Short message to confirm that activating "has DC system" works !

The global consumption graph count multiplus self-consumption !

I hope this topic help someone else...

2 |3000