question

joao-pedro-morais avatar image
joao-pedro-morais asked

How to get a "production/no production" signal from an off-grid system with a CCGX, Victron Quattro and Fronius Primo?

Hi guys

I have an off-grid system with a Victron Quattro, 2 fronius primo, BYD Box batteries and a CCGX.

I need to get a signal of "production/no production" from one of the components of the system so I can control my Heat Pump and disconnect it when the solar production is off.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

João Morais

CCGX Color ControlFroniusvictron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr answered ·

Maybe using the relay of the quattro can help you, https://www.victronenergy.com/live/auto-generator-start-stop:start

you can also search about freeds to derive the solar exceedance to build it yourself and also the carlotron which you can directly buy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis answered ·

The best way is to use the ENERGY FLOW MANAGEMENT USING THE FOUR DIGITAL OUTPUTS on the Fronius.

You can input the production lower limit in the fronius settings menu and it will trigger the port on the fronius datamanager. See all the details on the link below.

file:///C:/Users/vbeli/Downloads/SE_WP_Energy_flow_management_using_the_four_digital_outputs_EN%20(2).pdf

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic