question

av1um avatar image
av1um asked

CCGX & Fronius Symo - Connected Unknown

Hey there!

I got a 3P Multiplus 48/5000 installation running, with 10kw Solar and ~45kwh LiFe4Po Battery storage. The PV Inverter is an Fronius Symo 10.0-3-M.
This setup has been running totally fine for the last ~2 years.

Now... it's happening EVERY morning, that the solar inverter is no longer present on the main tab, but it still is in the menu. CCGX and Fronius are hard-wired, network settings haven't been touched - but of course, both are in the same network, (192.168.0.xxx / 255.255.255.0).

The CCGX does indeed 'see' the fronius, the IP address is detected and fine, but in the device list the fronius appears as "not connected", and if I enter its device parameters, it appears as "connected unknown".

As soon as I restart the CCGX (every morning) all is fine and the whole setup is running like a charm until the Fronius looses DC power (sunset). The next morning the above mentioned is happening again.... groundhog day^^.

Any clues?!

Grtz,

Fred

CCGX Color ControlFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
av1um avatar image
av1um answered ·

Happening again this morning - looks like this in the device list:

not-connected.png

the device itself:unknown.png

I could remove it... but why is it disconnected? what causes this (nearly every morning)?remove-disconnected.png

network settings are ok, nothing to tweak here:

ethernet.png

also, it says that ethernet is connected - and this RJ port is hardwired to the Fronius.
so why does the Fronius not display?!

Fronius IP:

fronius-ip.png

not-connected.png (37.8 KiB)
unknown.png (29.8 KiB)
ethernet.png (34.3 KiB)
fronius-ip.png (22.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

av1um avatar image
av1um answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Fred, I'll send you an email and get it looked into. Matthijs
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic