question

denis70 avatar image
denis70 asked

Feature request: Allow Multiplus to be switched on&off from the VRM Dashboard

Hi there,

I'm using - and loving - the VRM portal, live controlling my installation (the new layout is great).

As I must spare any lost watt, I'm often switching on&off my multiplus C. Somebody knows if, in the future, it would be possible doing it directly on the main page, without opening the console?

That would be awesome !

Best

Denis

VRMmultiplus ve.busremote consoleswitch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
denis70 avatar image
denis70 answered ·

Hi,

nobody has an answer for my question? I’m still dreaming of a switch I could access directly on the dashboard, avoiding the use of the console....

thanks!

denis

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Are you on the same local network with your system - similar function is already available at http://venus.local/app

2 |3000

denis70 avatar image
denis70 answered ·

Thank you Guy for your answer.

No, I'm on internet. The system (Cerbo GX) is connected (WIFI) to a 4G modem. But interesting to know it works on the local network, can be useful sometime...

2 |3000

denis70 avatar image
denis70 answered ·

Hi there,

As it seems there is no answer to my question I'm adding: I'd love to have a daily timer for the Multiplus. Will it be implemented someday? (the system is using approx. 20W/h which means 480W/24h. I - remotely - need AC only few hours a day and I could spare many precious watts like this).

Thanks

Denis

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Denis.70

My apologies for not seeing this post earlier...

What you can do is use the relay1 from GX device, and use the generator start / stop function to switch on/off on fixed hours using the 'periodic run' option to switch the inverter on during fixed hours.

0 Likes 0 ·
greg-johnson avatar image
greg-johnson answered ·

I'd like to know the answer too. Both for manual decisions but also for timed activation.

2 |3000

denis70 avatar image
denis70 answered ·

Hi there,

As I wanted to move forward, my solution was installing a Shelly 1 relay (allowing to run inside a 12V system). It's absolutely perfect, controlling the Multiplus On/OFF relay. The only thing I can't do is to select Inverter only (position I've never used).

Now I can easily program whenever I want the 220V on or off.

Best

Denis

2 |3000

dmsims avatar image
dmsims answered ·

Denis

could you share pictures/diagram of how you wired the Shelly ?

TIA

David

1 comment
2 |3000

denis70 avatar image denis70 commented ·
Yes, but I need to see the installation, my memory is not good enough... I go there normally soon. I just remember I'm using two Shelly 1, in order to have an ON info when converter is ON (otherwise it's the opposite: ON when it's OFF, which is sometimes confusing).
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Denis.70,

Good news, this feature is now available.

Please see this documentation for the requirements, limitations and how to enable it - 3.1 Inverter controls in VRM

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic