question

miya avatar image
miya asked

EasyPlus Compact 12/1600/70 connected to Lithium via Smart BMS CL 12V 100A

Evening All

I have EasyPlus Compact, Venus GX, multiple MPPTs and AGM House Batteries (2x 160Ah) - all working well. On a yacht, with engine and starter battery.

Now planing the upgrade from AGM to Victron Smart Lithium (3x 200Ah). The main issue I face is protecting my engine alternator from the hungry Lithium.

My preferred weapon of choice is the BMS CL 12V 100A. From my research this seem to solve all the protection issues (protects the alternator from the Lithium, protects the lithium from various events through the BMS).

The issue is how to connect the EasyPlus Compact to the BMS CL 12V 100A. I have read the Victron PDF (Cable for Smart BMS CL 12-100 to MultiPlus) - suggesting the part number I need is PN: ASS070200100 - but this clearly states "Multiplus" - and makes no mention of EasyPlus Compact.

Anyone know of the Cable for Smart BMS CL 12-100 to MultiPlus (ASS070200100) will work with the EasyPlus Compact ?

Any other comments / suggestions regarding this upgrade would be welcomed !

Thanks

Tim

Lithium BatteryBMSEasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

An EasyPlus is a MultiPlus with some circuit breakers installed.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Many thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?