question

Danakil avatar image
Danakil asked

Import Venus GX configuration

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to import a pre-made configuration on a Venus GX device ? To save time at production level.

A question was asked a year ago, and it was, according to @mvader (Victron Energy) on the list (Link), but I can't find anything on my GX that would do the job.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Venus OSVenus GX - VGXVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Danakil,

This feature is still in development.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

coreyzev avatar image coreyzev commented ·
how about now?
0 Likes 0 ·
thomas-pv avatar image
thomas-pv answered ·

any progress?

2 comments
2 |3000

The code for this feature is now mostly developed, and slated for a potential inclusion in an upcoming Venus v2.90 release, but it has also been pushed back before so it is no guarantee.

0 Likes 0 ·
gnagflow avatar image gnagflow Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
any progress?? just checked all changes in 2.90 but this doesnt occur.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

As an alternative to Victron's work, I've added a backup/restore mechanism as part of GuiMods/PackageManager. It saves and restores most but not all settings between units.

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods

I'll back out this mechanism when Victron gets their system working. But mine also backs up/restores icons that appear on the overview pages, and "options" for all of my packages. I'd retain these pieces even after switching to the Victron settings backup/restore mechanism.

2 |3000