question

Danakil avatar image
Danakil asked

Import Venus GX configuration

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to import a pre-made configuration on a Venus GX device ? To save time at production level.

A question was asked a year ago, and it was, according to @mvader (Victron Energy) on the list (Link), but I can't find anything on my GX that would do the job.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Venus OSVenus GX - VGXVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Danakil,

This feature is still in development.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

coreyzev avatar image coreyzev commented ·
how about now?
0 Likes 0 ·
thomas-pv avatar image
thomas-pv answered ·

any progress?

2 comments
2 |3000

The code for this feature is now mostly developed, and slated for a potential inclusion in an upcoming Venus v2.90 release, but it has also been pushed back before so it is no guarantee.

0 Likes 0 ·
gnagflow avatar image gnagflow Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
any progress?? just checked all changes in 2.90 but this doesnt occur.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

As an alternative to Victron's work, I've added a backup/restore mechanism as part of GuiMods/PackageManager. It saves and restores most but not all settings between units.

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods

I'll back out this mechanism when Victron gets their system working. But mine also backs up/restores icons that appear on the overview pages, and "options" for all of my packages. I'd retain these pieces even after switching to the Victron settings backup/restore mechanism.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)