question

Rune Eilertsen avatar image
Rune Eilertsen asked

Venus configuration

hi, any plans for a better Venus administration than the remote consol?

what i would like to see is something similar as we find in IT products. (Switches and routers etc.)

and ehere we can easy save a configuration file and import it for next similar system rollout.

maybe a configuration tool for cloud system where you can roll out a configurstion to a number of similar systems Based one the one configuration file.

and.. why is the controller not in control of connected devices?

example... i want to reset soc to 100% on my bmv712, connected to Venus.

or adjust settings for when is fully charged on a running system....

also... when roll out configurations, a venus configuration file should be able to adopt and configure bmv devices, solar chargers and multi/quattroes In one configuration file..

based on the profile you have set.

the assistant should be only in Venus, no more fidling with each inverter, other than a guide to tell wich is master, slave . L1. L2 etc.

Yeah, i have a lot more but this is a start ... :-)

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Rune,

thanks for your input.

> and where we can easy save a configuration file and import it for next similar system rollout.

yes thats on the list.

> maybe a configuration tool for cloud system where you can roll out a configurstion to a number of similar systems Based one the one configuration file.

also on the list.

> and.. why is the controller not in control of connected devices?

its controlling (in some situations). But the device itself is meant as a user interface. Not as a configuration tool for the users. The configuration tool we have, and which we're expanding on, is VictronConnect. Whats coming is that with VictronConnect you can connect to a GX device either locally or remotely (over internet/vrm) and then configure any connected MPPTs or BMVs or similar.

> also... when roll out configurations, a venus configuration file should be able to adopt and configure bmv devices, solar chargers and multi/quattroes In one configuration file..

Maybe some day. But that kind of integration will require lots of testing and thinking; my priority first is to get configuration of the individual devices nice and easy (VictronConnect), both locally and remote.

best, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources