question

ghostrider avatar image
ghostrider asked

VRM Compatible 120vac -> 12vdc Charger?

I'm in the US (120v) and want to replace the shore power charger in my RV. Any chargers work with VRM or do I have to go to Multiplus for that to work?

battery chargingVRMfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

I'm looking at the same thing at the moment for a marine application and have been advised that a Skylla IP44 will work and can be connected with VE.Can. I have not done this yet myself.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ghostrider avatar image
ghostrider answered ·

I ended up ordering 2 of the BlueSmart 12/25's ... definitely not ideal but it will work without going full-blown Multiplus.

I *REALLY* wish they made a 120v version of the Phoenix Smart 12/50 (1+1)... what's up with that? #ProductSuggestion

2 |3000

thorvald avatar image
thorvald answered ·

The main product page shows a picture of a unit that can handle "90-265V" as the input. However the datasheet does not list this model.

https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers/phoenix-smart-ip43-charger

I've emailed Victron Sales to find out if this is a new upcoming device.

2 |3000